Southern Maine Community College

Gather these things before you start the application process:

Current High School Seniors

A copy of your current high school transcripts.

All Other Applicants

  1. A copy of your high school transcript, diploma, HiSET or GED, or
    homeschool diploma.

    Exemptions: Any student with an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree does not
    need to provide proof of high school graduation, but needs to send official
    transcripts from their previous institution.
  2. Additional Information (please send all available).
  • Previously taken SAT/ACT scores
  • Previously taken Accuplacer scores
  • Previous English course taken at another college/university
  • AP/IB scores
  • Hi-Set/GED scores
Don’t have any of these items available? Please contact the Advising Offi ce
at or 207-741-5835 to set up an Accuplacer
test. For more information visit

Please submit these items by:

Fax: 207-741-5760
Mail: 2 Fort Rd, South Portland, ME 01406.

A Note About Official College Transcripts

Official college transcripts must be sent by the institution you attended.
We will review transcripts and apply any qualifying credits.
Back to top